Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend progress

I was so bored by the end of Friday. I had cleaned out the office, done several loads of laundry, iced, iced, iced my cheeks, watched 2 movies, caught up on 24, Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy, and knit a bit. The pain was definitely there, but not so much that I had to be off my feet.

I did make progress:

Shawl after weekend

It's kerchief size right now...onto the 4th repeat. I'm not sure that I'm going to go all 11 repeats, since I'm a small person and it might swallow me whole. I'm enjoying the knitting of it...the silk is really soft and smooth. I am also liking the Knitpicks Options that I bought for the occasion of this project...the 40" cable is plenty long (so far) and I don't mind the join or the needles at all. The only thing I could possibly complain about is the slippery-ness of the yarn on the needles, but that's what you get when you do silk and metal needles.

Looks like it's time for more Advil. Fun times.

No comments: