Monday, May 07, 2007

Arrgh.

I guess I'm glad I'm only on the third repeat of the Tuscany shawl...since I have just realized that I've been reading the chart incorrectly. Crap! It's my first time knitting with a chart, so I guess I can be excused, but now I have to rip it all out and start again. I was reading every row left to right instead of l-r/r-l. Funny thing (to me) is that I didn't find it counterintuitive to read the chart from left to right, but apparently thinking of snaking back and forth was too much for my brain. It was so pretty...

Part of me is a little tempted to keep going with my modified pattern. It looks good (I think, anyway) and the difference is one additional knitted stitch on the purl row, so now I'm knitting a stitch on either side of the marker. I'll have to think about it the rest of the day to decide if I'm going to keep my "modification" or go back to the start.

No comments: