Friday, February 23, 2007

Sigh

Friday. Whew. Have you ever noticed that short weeks that start on Tuesday due to a holiday on Monday seem to be longer and arduous than a regular 5-day week? Maybe it's cramming 5 days into 4, or just being off one's schedule. I love the day off, but find that by the end of the week I'm pooped.

The knitting has been slow going this week. I've started on K's cabled hat, but haven't gotten far. I finished a sleeve of the sweater, which leaves a little more hood and one more sleeve to go. I'm still hoping to finish by the end of February, but I'm not sure. Maybe finish all the knitting, and not finish the finishing? I have to admit that I'm very nervous about the finishing. Since this is the first sweater of its kind, I don't know what blocking is going to do to it, or if it will fit me, or look awful when it's all done. I know it will not be perfect, primarily because I have not always been consistent in the knitting of it. For instance, I garter-stitched the first couple stitches of most rows on the front, but didn't do that at all for the back. Fortunately, it's not the kind of sweater I'll be wearing to a 5-star restaurant, and if it is a cozy at-home piece that looks a little wonky, that will be OK since it was a learning experience.

Anyway, the camera made it back from Australia with proof it went there in the first place.


And the camera's return allowed me to document my first FO of 2007:


(sorry for the awful self-shot (not even a portrait)...my forehead is not that enormous, nor am I a cone head.

I'm loving the hat, and have gotten nice comments on it, albeit in the knitting store when I went to go buy yarn for K's hat. It's nice and warm and not at all scratchy, which is very important with hat!

No comments: