Thursday, February 08, 2007

Progress

So the sweater I've vowed to finish by the end of February is the "Not Your Standard-Issue Sweatshirt" from the Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits. Not the one that's available on knitpicks.com, which is a variation with cables. Since I don't do cables (yet...check with me tomorrow after my first cable-knitting class at StitchDC tonight!), I'm doing the straight stockinette stitch, which I really like.

Honestly, I don't know what took me so long in getting this sweater done. I had the back finished by this time last year, and started the front...but then, oh yeah. I had a MA thesis to finish, moved from NYC to DC, then really didn't feel like sweater-knitting in the summer, started other projects, went on vacation, and well, here I am.

But...I have made progress. I finished the front last night:

So now I have that and the back (long-finished):


And now I've started on the sleeve.

Two sleeves and a hood away. Hooray! I can totally do it. Lots of knitting time this weekend since K. will be on the long flight to Australia. I can't wait!

No comments: