Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Knit Along!!

I've joined my first knit along: February is for Finishing. Hopefully it's the kick in the pants I've been looking for to actually finish something.

Several members of the knit along seem quite ambitious with several projects set to be finished. Me, I'm goin' for just one. A sweater I started in December of 2005 (ouch)...It's the "not your standard-issue sweatshirt" from The Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits book. Simple it is--mostly stockinette stitch with some seed stitch thrown in, but it's a good zone out in front of the TV knit. I just haven't worked on it for ages. I figured I should put this sweater away before starting on the next sweater--a cardi for K, my boyfriend.

I've got the back, and most of the front. It still needs sleeves and a hood. And by golly, I will finish it! In February!! I'd post pictures, but there is nowhere in my place with good light at this time of the day. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh, and if I get the sweater done...I may try for socks. But I won't get ahead of myself.

In other news, our kitchen is grouted! Once I get the camera going in decent light, look for wildly updated pictures of the kitchen. It's like a different room, and I have to say that being able to cook here is a pleasure. It's the nicest kitchen I've ever had (in my adult life, that is).

No comments: